I had been wanting to making hassleback potatoes for ages, but never got around to it. Tonight, with no other food in the house, I finally made them! They are really easy, quick and so delicious!
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and wash potatoes. I’m currently living in Honduras, and have to be extra cautious about germs, so I soaked mine in water with some bleach and scrubbed them to be sure they were clean.
2) Cut potatoes in small slices, without cutting completely through the potato. I cut mine on a plate with a lip, so that the knife wouldn’t go the whole way through.
3) I wanted cheese in mine, but I didn’t want to overdo it and put it between every slice as some recipes do, so I just put it in every few slices. Put them on a tray and pour a little olive oil on top of them. I prefer this to the tons of butter that other recipes used.
4) Then add whatever herbs and spices you want! I don’t have very many options down here, so I added garlic salt and oregano and they were perfect together!
5) Throw them in the oven and cook them for about 40 minutes, or until crispy.
These were delicious, and when I’m back in Ohio I’m definitely going to try different ingredients and cheeses.
Have a blessed day!